The Book Meme
One book that changed my life:
I don't care if it's a trendy cliche--"He's Just Not That Into You"
One book I have read more than once:
I read "Moby-Dick" every Passover. Not that I'm even Jewish.
One book I would want on a desert island:
I could amuse myself for YEARS with the OED (the one with the magnifier)
One book that made me laugh:
"A Short History of a Small Place"
One book that made me cry:
One book I wish had never been written:
None. I just don't read such things.
One book I am currently reading:
"Dirty South" because I have a raging crush on Nick Travers, and possibly his writer, Ace Atkins.
One book I have been meaning to read:
Oh. So. Many. I am working through all of Michael Malone's work gradually.
The Five Things Meme
Five things in my freezer:
1. Hot Italian sausage (for collards)
2. Lime popsicles (for tequila shots)
4. Vegetable stock (made largely from pumpkin, I think)
5. Shredded cheddar--it makes everything better
Five things in my closet:
1. My lilac silk Ralph Lauren suit.
2. My horse race hats
3. My nylon-stringed guitar
4. My taupe silk honest-to-god Chanel scarf that my grandmother gave me
5. Lots of very pretty underthings I never ever seem to wear
Five things in my car:
1. Rehearsal CDs
2. A dozen pecans
3. Two wrought-iron fireplace tool sets
4. A cheap paperback dictionary
5. My golf shoes
Five things in my purse:
1. A paintbrush
2. Emergency anti-vertigo pills
3. My PDA
5. Whatever Michael Malone book I'm reading
Five people I tag:
1. Yeah, I don't really do that.