Her Green Figs

The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.

29 July 2006

My New Kitchen

My cabinets are ordered. They look like this:

The sink arrives next week (from Greece!). It's a bit small, but so pretty!
Measurements:

Interior Dimension: 22"L by 17-1/2"W By 7" H

Exterior Dimension: 23"L by 18-1/2"W by 7" H

Pictures:



The faucet arrived yesterday. It's enormous. Rather larger than I expected and also larger than any normal faucet. I hope it doesn't look silly.


All that will go into slate tile countertops (I think). I picked up some samples this morning and they're just beautiful--veined in mica and copper with that yummy steely blue background. Examples:



I'm leaning towards 6 inch tiles on the island and 12 inch tiles on the two wall runs. I also intend to get a few copper tiles to mix in on the island. I think. We'll see.

1 Comments:

At 15:05, Blogger FashionWhore said...

Cool. It has a real nice Grecian feeling. I half expect some to start shouting in Greek!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home