Her Green Figs

The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.

25 June 2006

Old House Day 1

1. Purchased cleaning supplies, basic tools, power sander
2. Removed doors: two from LR/DR arch, one from hall/DR and two from top of DR china cabinet built-in
3. Spackled china cabinet built-in and two doorways where doors were removed
4. Removed wall nails in whole house
5. Scrubbed half of music room floor with turpentine (testing efficacy)
6. Vacuumed downstairs windows (YUCK! 12 windows = 3 full vacuum canisters!)
7. Removed light fixture, hanging baskets, coat rack from kitchen
8. Showed RET around
9. Met plumber: $14,000 for both baths and washer/dryer hookups
10. Replaced back door deadbolt (mostly RET, but I helped)

My thighs still hurt from the gym on Friday but today has made my feet, ankles, knees, and hips ache like nobody's business.

Tomorrow I'll try again with the GC at 11, and then maybe Mom and I can go buy fabric for curtains, which she volunteered to make.

I am SO TIRED.