Her Green Figs

The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.

20 June 2006

KISS ME!

I had one of those days that, at the end, I just really needed somebody to kiss me--long, hard, and meaninglessly. I also needed somebody to throw his arm around me, sit next to me on the couch, prop his feet up next to mine on the coffee table, hand me a frosty bottle of beer, and babble comfortingly for an hour while I decompress.

Instead? I got a hand squeeze and a quick peck from my BB (with the VERY red eyes!) after a very frustrating rehearsal. And even that was more than I can really expect, so that's nice. Not what I needed, but nice.

Where are you, sympathetic, cuddly, beer man?!

My new palm has WiFi and, though I'm sure plenty of other people have these and like them, I can't shake the feeling that the wee appliance in my hand has been sprinkled with fairy dust and that I am a character in the second verse of a children's song. It is a REMARKABLE invention and I ADORE it. I get really good reception on one of the networks I've been pirating from the edge of my bathtub, and I'm pretty sure that the Palm hasn't enough juice to electrocute me there, unlike the laptops. I don't worry so much, see?

Remember that fantastic old Meryl Streep (fantastic!) movie, "Death Becomes Her"? She's immortal, but dead or something and has to keep getting spray painted by her embalmer husband? WELL, if this appeals to you, and you're afraid of the sun (like I am), I heartily recommend the Banana Boat spray self-tanner with bronzer. It's fun! and effective. Last summer I was promoting the Neutrogena spray formula, and it's good, but the one with the bronzer let's you see where you're applying the color and whether it's even or not. It's a little sticky but not at all worse than any of the creams.

Are you aware that the 44oz. Fresh Lime Slush from Sonic has SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN calories?!

Did you see the piece on Today this morning where all those people had their stomachs removed?

Oh, and the Prairie Home Companion movie is FANTASTIC!