Her Green Figs

The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.

20 April 2006

Quilts! for Babies!


MDG and DG are expecting their first child and are permitting me to make them a baby quilt. I have chosen to do it in flannels and happened across these delightful polka dots, which I will be combining with matching tone-on-tones somehow. The patchwork pattern, I'm not really sure about yet. There is a chance that I will just riff on the theme of rectangles and hodgepodge a bunch of different sizes somehow. I'm also considering a log cabin or attic windows or stripes. What with all the dots, I don't really want a whole lot of straight line seams everywhere. I wish I had a clear idea for it, but maybe it will come to me when the fabric arrives.

I have been savagely attacked by the allergy monster again. I'm not sure if it's something new pollenating outside or if it's the stale, moldy air in this horrible building where my office is. It onset very quickly Tuesday afternoon.

Going to play golf with RET on Saturday if it doesn't rain. Hurrah! Maybe just the driving range, though... it's certainly my weakest skill. Social literacy standards require that I have a respectable golf swing. Plus, two of my new friends golf.

I think I fixed my dishwasher yesterday. Well, fixed it enough that, if I carefully rinse all dishes before loading them in that infernal contraption, then they'll come out mostly clean. Ungreasy, at least.

Going to get four new tires for my car today. SW will be so pleased.